Soellner Irden Roter Veltliner 2016

Soellner Irden Roter Veltliner 2016

Soellner Irden Roter Veltliner 2016

Year: 2016
Size: 750ml
Type: White
Alcohol: 13%
Varietal: Roter Veltliner
Grapes: Roter Veltliner
Winery: Soellner
Country, Region: Austria, Wagram
AVG 94 2016 - Antonio Galloni - 94
2016 - 8Wines - 93
AG 94
8W 93
Price: € 26.83
Price: € 26.83

QTY:

Minus Plus
Total (incl. VAT): € 26.83

Click here to see wines that are similar

Find Similar Wines

Sending wines as gift has never been easier. Simply click the button at the checkout and will not include any invoices in the package.

Send as gift

We offer most competitive shipping rates. Shipping cost is directly related to the weight of the package. Please add the items to your cart to see the precise cost of the shipping to your destination.

Shipping Information

We strive towards operational excellency and 100% satisfied customer record. If for any reason you are not happy about your order, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of the purchase for the full refund. For details please refer to 8Wines.com Returns & Refund Policy.

Returns & Refunds

Our checkout is 100% secured with the industry's best 256bit encryption. You can checkout using major credit card or Paypal.

Secure checkout

Our multilingual support staff is here to help you through every step of the way. Our helpdesk business hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.

Got any questions?
Description

Details

Drink now through to 2022. Serve chilled.

Roter Veltliner is little known outside of its native Austria, but white wine aficionados across the world are quickly realising the qualities of this cult variety. The stronghold of the variety is the Wagram region which is set on rolling hills on either side of the Danube river. Here plantings of Roter Veltliner had been decreasing drastically and owe their survival to the dedication of local winemakers like the Soellner family who recognised the potential of the variety.

The variety gets its name from its red-tinged grapes which do not give any colour to the finished wine. The family ferment 80% of the Roter Veltliner grapes with the skins to add extra complexity to the finished wine and the remaining 20% in a stoneware tank. The wines are then blended and bottled in unique black stoneware bottles which are sealed with organic corks.

This unusual white wine is sure to delight fans of dry Riesling and Gruner Veltliner thanks to its crisp aromas of lemon zest, apples and white flowers. On the palate there is a racy acidity, light body and pure fruit flavours with a very clean finish.

Critical Acclaim

2016 - Antonio Galloni - 94
2016 - 8Wines - 93

You may also be interested in the following product(s)

  • Orange Wine Tasting Case
    AVG 93 92 - Clai Ottocento Bijeli 2014
    93 - Cos Pithos Bianco 2017
    92 - Dubokovic Moja M 2010
    92 - Roxanich Milva Chardonnay 2010
    94 - Soellner Irden Roter Veltliner 2016
    94 - Vodopivec Vitovska 2015
    White Sale! 6 bottles
    Sale!
    € 188.18
    Price: € 178.77
    Save: € 9.41 (5%)

More from Soellner

Soellner Wogenrain Gruner Veltliner 2018
€ 11.81 AVG 91

2018 - 8Wines - 90

2013 - Antonio Galloni - 91

2007 - Jancis Robinson - 16

Soellner Ried Fumberg Gruner Veltliner 2017
€ 14.98 AVG 92

2017 - 8Wines - 92

2010 - Wine Enthusiast - 92

2010 - Falstaff - 92

2006 - Jancis Robinson - 17

Top sellers Wagram , Austria

Andreas Alt Riesling 2016
€ 9.90 AVG 88

2016 - 8Wines - 88

Andreas Alt Grüner Veltliner Wagram 2016
€ 9.90 AVG 88

2016 - 8Wines - 88

Andreas Alt Pinot Noir Reserve 2015
€ 21.78 AVG 92

2015 - 8Wines - 92

2012 - 8Wines - 92

Andreas Alt Roter Veltliner 2017
€ 10.96 AVG 88

2017 - 8Wines - 88

2016 - 8Wines - 88

Schuster Roter Veltliner Wagram 2017
€ 11.56 AVG 90

2017 - 8Wines - 90

Schuster Gruner Veltliner Alte Reben 2017
€ 13.75 AVG 93

2017 - Decanter - 96

2017 - 8Wines - 93

2015 - Falstaff - 91

2012 - Falstaff - 91

Schuster Riesling Diebstein 2017
€ 12.91 AVG 90

2017 - 8Wines - 90

Soellner Wogenrain Gruner Veltliner 2018
€ 11.81 AVG 91

2018 - 8Wines - 90

2013 - Antonio Galloni - 91

2007 - Jancis Robinson - 16

POPULAR Roter Veltliner

Andreas Alt Roter Veltliner 2017
€ 10.96 AVG 88

2017 - 8Wines - 88

2016 - 8Wines - 88

Schuster Roter Veltliner Wagram 2017
€ 11.56 AVG 90

2017 - 8Wines - 90