Champagne

Champagne Gosset Grand Millesime 2006

  • 2006
  • 750ml
  • Sparkling
  • 12%
Vintage
2006
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
44% Chardonnay, 56% Pinot Noir
Winery
Champagne Gosset
Region
Champagne
Country
France
94 AVG
Drink now through to 2024. Serve well chilled.

Heady aromas of hawthorn flowers, lilacs and honeysuckle mingle on the nose with hints of citrus zest and pear. In the mouth it is the fruit flavours of plum, grapefruit and Sicilian lemon as well as a distinctive salty minerality which come to the fore and linger long on the palate. This complexity of flavours and aromas make this excellent Champagne a fine partner for scallops, salt-marsh lamb or a whole sea bass baked in salt. Alternatively, the Grand Millesime is equally at home served alone as a showstopping celebratory aperitif or opened to honour that special, once-in-a-lifetime moment.

2006 was a particularly good year for Pinot Noir which makes up 56% of this assemblage with the other 44% consisting of Chardonnay. The clement September weather allowed Pinot Noir grapes to reach excellent maturation, lending considerable body and sumptuous ripe berry flavours to this exquisite vintage Champagne.

Despite having been aged for around ten years in Gosset’s traditional cellars in Epernay, the Grand Millesime 2006 is still remarkably fresh and vivacious. This is thanks to Gosset’s insistence on avoiding malolactic fermentation for all but one of its Champagnes. This robust acidity and the intensity of flavours and aromas in the Grand Millesime mean that this is an excellent candidate for extended cellaring up until around 2024.
€ 64.93 € 64.93 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Description
Drink now through to 2024. Serve well chilled.

Heady aromas of hawthorn flowers, lilacs and honeysuckle mingle on the nose with hints of citrus zest and pear. In the mouth it is the fruit flavours of plum, grapefruit and Sicilian lemon as well as a distinctive salty minerality which come to the fore and linger long on the palate. This complexity of flavours and aromas make this excellent Champagne a fine partner for scallops, salt-marsh lamb or a whole sea bass baked in salt. Alternatively, the Grand Millesime is equally at home served alone as a showstopping celebratory aperitif or opened to honour that special, once-in-a-lifetime moment.

2006 was a particularly good year for Pinot Noir which makes up 56% of this assemblage with the other 44% consisting of Chardonnay. The clement September weather allowed Pinot Noir grapes to reach excellent maturation, lending considerable body and sumptuous ripe berry flavours to this exquisite vintage Champagne.

Despite having been aged for around ten years in Gosset’s traditional cellars in Epernay, the Grand Millesime 2006 is still remarkably fresh and vivacious. This is thanks to Gosset’s insistence on avoiding malolactic fermentation for all but one of its Champagnes. This robust acidity and the intensity of flavours and aromas in the Grand Millesime mean that this is an excellent candidate for extended cellaring up until around 2024.
  • UPS Express Shipping option available at the checkout
  • Add gift options at the checkout
 
More from this varietal
Champagne Agrapart Avizoise Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2015
Champagne Agrapart Avizoise Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2015
  • 2015
  • Sparkling
  • 12%
Vintage
2015
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Chardonnay
Winery
Agrapart
Region
Champagne
Country
France
95 AVG
€ 119.77 € 119.77 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Laherte Freres Les 7
Champagne Laherte Freres Les 7
  • NV
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
NV
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Pinot Meunier, Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Petit Meslier, Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Arbane
Winery
Champagne Laherte Freres
Region
Champagne
Country
France
93 AVG
€ 84.72 € 84.72 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Agrapart  Mineral Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2015
Champagne Agrapart Mineral Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2015
  • 2015
  • Sparkling
  • 12%
Vintage
2015
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Chardonnay
Winery
Agrapart
Region
Champagne
Country
France
95 AVG
€ 99.55 € 99.55 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Laherte Freres Brut Ultradition
Champagne Laherte Freres Brut Ultradition
  • NV
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
NV
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
30% Chardonnay, 10% Pinot Nero, 60% Pinot Meunier
Winery
Champagne Laherte Freres
Region
Champagne
Country
France
92 AVG
€ 34.96 € 34.96 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Larmandier Bernier Rose de Saignee Premier Cru
Champagne Larmandier Bernier Rose de Saignee Premier Cru
  • NV
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
NV
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Pinot Noir
Winery
Champagne Larmandier Bernier
Region
Champagne
Country
France
94 AVG
€ 78.25 € 78.25 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Jacquesson  Avize Champ Cain 2009
Champagne Jacquesson Avize Champ Cain 2009
  • 2009
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
2009
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Chardonnay
Winery
Champagne Jacquesson
Region
Champagne
Country
France
96 AVG
€ 145.90 € 145.90 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Larmandier Bernier Terre de Vertus Champagne Premier Cru 2013
Champagne Larmandier Bernier Terre de Vertus Champagne Premier Cru 2013
  • 2013
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
2013
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Chardonnay
Winery
Champagne Larmandier Bernier
Region
Champagne
Country
France
94 AVG
€ 59.54 € 59.54 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Laherte Freres Les Vignes d'Autrefois 2016
Champagne Laherte Freres Les Vignes d'Autrefois 2016
  • 2016
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
2016
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
Pinot Meunier
Winery
Champagne Laherte Freres
Region
Champagne
Country
France
93 AVG
€ 62.98 € 62.98 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Soutiran Cuvee Alexandre Brut Premier Cru
Champagne Soutiran Cuvee Alexandre Brut Premier Cru
  • NV
  • Sparkling
  • 12%
Vintage
NV
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
40% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Meunier
Winery
Champagne Soutiran
Region
Champagne
Country
France
91 AVG
Special Price € 34.45 Regular Price € 40.54 Save € 6.09 (15%) € 34.45 Total (incl 21 % VAT)
Champagne Nicolas Maillart Brut Platine Premier Cru
Champagne Nicolas Maillart Brut Platine Premier Cru
  • NV
  • Sparkling
  • 12.5%
Vintage
NV
Size
750ml
Type
Sparkling
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Champagne
Grapes
80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay
Winery
Champagne Nicolas Maillart
Region
Champagne
Country
France
92 AVG
€ 34.55 € 34.55 Total (incl 21 % VAT)