Cabernet Sauvignon

Montes Taita 2018

  • 2018
  • 750ml
  • Red
  • 15%
Vintage
2018
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
15%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
  • Collectible
95 AVG
Cellar for up to 15 years. Decant for up to 2 hours before serving.

Montes Winery is the joint dream of Aurelio Montes and Douglas Murray, made a reality. For over 35 years it has defined Chilean wine for the rest of the world, creating an unmistakable brand of rugged and highly collectible Andean wine. Nowadays, Montes is bigger than just a winery, with branches in Argentina under the Kaiken wines label, and distribution across South America too.

Great success has led to an incredible portfolio of vineyards to draw from, including prime spots in Colchagua and Maipo Valley. Taita is a brooding red, sourced from the rolling vineyards of Marchigüe. It is made from 85% Cabernet Sauvignon. The other 15% is composed of grapes known only to the wine-maker. Red grapes mature slowly here, under the cooling influence of the Pacific Ocean.

For all of its serious character, Taita exhibits a generous, aromatic nose with notes of sweet spices, jammy fruits and blackberries. With some time to breathe, the aromas become even deeper, showing hints of vanilla, tobacco, and nutmeg. This depth is doubled on the palate, where Taita shows incredible structure, velvety tannins, and a vigorous acidity. This is a perfect wine for collectors or an evening of luxury. Look for a wealth of red and black fruits, including plum, strawberry, raspberry and cherry. Taita can be enjoyed alone or paired - with a rich stew or a succulent piece of beef.
 
Description
Cellar for up to 15 years. Decant for up to 2 hours before serving.

Montes Winery is the joint dream of Aurelio Montes and Douglas Murray, made a reality. For over 35 years it has defined Chilean wine for the rest of the world, creating an unmistakable brand of rugged and highly collectible Andean wine. Nowadays, Montes is bigger than just a winery, with branches in Argentina under the Kaiken wines label, and distribution across South America too.

Great success has led to an incredible portfolio of vineyards to draw from, including prime spots in Colchagua and Maipo Valley. Taita is a brooding red, sourced from the rolling vineyards of Marchigüe. It is made from 85% Cabernet Sauvignon. The other 15% is composed of grapes known only to the wine-maker. Red grapes mature slowly here, under the cooling influence of the Pacific Ocean.

For all of its serious character, Taita exhibits a generous, aromatic nose with notes of sweet spices, jammy fruits and blackberries. With some time to breathe, the aromas become even deeper, showing hints of vanilla, tobacco, and nutmeg. This depth is doubled on the palate, where Taita shows incredible structure, velvety tannins, and a vigorous acidity. This is a perfect wine for collectors or an evening of luxury. Look for a wealth of red and black fruits, including plum, strawberry, raspberry and cherry. Taita can be enjoyed alone or paired - with a rich stew or a succulent piece of beef.
  • UPS Express Shipping option available at the checkout
  • Add gift options at the checkout
 
More from this winery
Montes Purple Angel 2019
Montes Purple Angel 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Carmenere
Grapes
Carmenere
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
97 AVG
Montes Alpha M 2020
Montes Alpha M 2020
  • 2020
  • Red
  • 14%
Vintage
2020
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
96 AVG
Montes Alpha M 2019
Montes Alpha M 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 14%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
96 AVG
Montes Alpha Special Cuvee Chardonnay 2021
Montes Alpha Special Cuvee Chardonnay 2021
  • 2021
  • White
  • 14%
Vintage
2021
Size
750ml
Type
White
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Chardonnay
Grapes
Chardonnay
Winery
Montes
Region
Aconcagua Valley
Country
Chile
94 AVG
More from this region
Montes Purple Angel 2019
Montes Purple Angel 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Carmenere
Grapes
Carmenere
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
97 AVG
Clos Apalta 2019
Clos Apalta 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 15%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
15%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
70% Carmenère, 18% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Petit Verdot
Winery
Clos Apalta
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
98 AVG
Montes Alpha M 2019
Montes Alpha M 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 14%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
96 AVG
Clos Apalta Le Petit Clos 2017
Clos Apalta Le Petit Clos 2017
  • 2017
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2017
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon 68%, Carmenere 16%, Cabernet Franc 9%, Merlot 5%, Petit Verdot 2%
Winery
Clos Apalta
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
94 AVG
Polkura Syrah 2017
Polkura Syrah 2017
  • 2017
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2017
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Syrah
Grapes
Syrah
Winery
Polkura
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
93 AVG
Montes Alpha M 2020
Montes Alpha M 2020
  • 2020
  • Red
  • 14%
Vintage
2020
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Bordeaux Red Blends
Grapes
80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc
Winery
Montes
Region
Colchagua Valley
Country
Chile
96 AVG
More from this varietal
Clos Pegase Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
Clos Pegase Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
  • 2021
  • Red
  • 14.8%
Vintage
2021
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.8%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Clos Pegase
Region
California
Country
United States
92 AVG
Domus Aurea Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
Domus Aurea Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
  • 2019
  • Red
  • 14.9%
Vintage
2019
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.9%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Domus Aurea
Region
Maipo Valley
Country
Chile
96 AVG
Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Mayacamas Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
  • 2018
  • Red
  • 13.8%
Vintage
2018
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
13.8%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Mayacamas
Region
California
Country
United States
96 AVG
Duckhorn Decoy Limited Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
Duckhorn Decoy Limited Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2021
  • 2021
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2021
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
98% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Merlot
Winery
Duckhorn
Region
California
Country
United States
93 AVG
Duckhorn Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
Duckhorn Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
  • 2020
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2020
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Duckhorn
Region
California
Country
United States
94 AVG
St. Supery Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
St. Supery Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
  • 2018
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2018
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
St.Supery
Region
California
Country
United States
94 AVG
Movia Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
Movia Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
  • 2020
  • Red
  • 12.5%
Vintage
2020
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
12.5%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Movia
Region
Primorski
Country
Slovenia
92 AVG
Vina Vik A Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
Vina Vik A Cabernet Sauvignon 2020
  • 2020
  • Red
  • 14%
Vintage
2020
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Vina Vik
Region
Cachapoal Valley
Country
Chile
92 AVG
Cline Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Cline Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
  • 2018
  • Red
  • 14.5%
Vintage
2018
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.5%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
Cabernet Sauvignon
Winery
Cline
Region
California
Country
United States
92 AVG
Roth Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Roth Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
  • 2018
  • Red
  • 14.9%
Vintage
2018
Size
750ml
Type
Red
Alcohol
14.9%
Varietal
Cabernet Sauvignon
Grapes
86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot
Winery
Roth
Region
California
Country
United States
92 AVG