Click here to see wines that are similar
Sending wines as gift has never been easier. Simply click the button at the checkout and will not include any invoices in the package.
We offer most competitive shipping rates. Shipping cost is directly related to the weight of the package. Please add the items to your cart to see the precise cost of the shipping to your destination.
We strive towards operational excellency and 100% satisfied customer record. If for any reason you are not happy about your order, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of the purchase for the full refund. For details please refer to 8Wines.com Returns & Refund Policy.
Our checkout is 100% secured with the industry's best 256bit encryption. You can checkout using major credit card or Paypal.
Our multilingual support staff is here to help you through every step of the way. Our helpdesk business hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
DetailsDrink now through to 2030. Decant 2 hours before serving.
When Sergio Manetti purchased Montevertine back in 1967, his primary goal was to transform the dilapidated farmhouse into a charming summer home in pretty Radda-in-Chianti. Little did he know that over the course of a few years his wines would become some of Italy’s most sought-after.
The estate’s namesake wine is made with 90% Sangiovese with the remaining 10% contributed by the lesser-known indigenous Tuscan grape varieties Canaiolo and Colorino. To ensure depth of flavour and finesse, the vast majority of the fruit used for the Montevertine is sourced from a small plot of vines planted in 1982. After fermentation in cement tanks, the wine spends 24 months ageing in large Slavonian oak casks followed by at least three months of resting in the bottle before it is released.
Bearing the mark of both skilled traditional winemaking and top quality vineyards, the Montevertine offers inviting aromas of sour cherry, vibrant raspberry and baking spice which deepen into tobacco, cherry jam and dried Mediterranean herbs on the palate. Plenty of fresh acidity and soft tannins ensure this wine is very drinkable right now, although it can also be cellared at least up until 2030. To enhance the friendly, easy-going character of the Montevertine, try serving alongside salami, hearty red meat stews or classic tomato-based pasta dishes.