Click here to see wines that are similar
Sending wines as gift has never been easier. Simply click the button at the checkout and will not include any invoices in the package.
We offer most competitive shipping rates. Shipping cost is directly related to the weight of the package. Please add the items to your cart to see the precise cost of the shipping to your destination.
We strive towards operational excellency and 100% satisfied customer record. If for any reason you are not happy about your order, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of the purchase for the full refund. For details please refer to 8Wines.com Returns & Refund Policy.
Our checkout is 100% secured with the industry's best 256bit encryption. You can checkout using major credit card or Paypal.
Our multilingual support staff is here to help you through every step of the way. Our helpdesk business hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
DetailsDecant for 2 hours prior to serving
The Les Trois Sources Chateauneuf Du Pape is made from two vineyards in the northern sector of the appellation, using 70% Grenache and a combination of Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, and Cinsault for the other 30%. All planted to sandy, well drained soils, the vines for this wine range in age from 80 to over 100 years old. Offering aromas of licorice, lavender, and cooked plum, the Les Trois Sources is a massive wine, full bodied in the best way. Spicy garrigue herbs and black cherry on the palate give way to black pepper, charcoal, and fig jam. Still quite early in its life, this wine will only continue to get better with age.
Garrigue is the name for the wild herbs found in many areas of the Southern Rhone, and scents of those herbs are commonly found in the wine from the region. Pairing with food, therefore, can be done with those herbs in mind. Using Provencal herbs in its place, herbed and roasted lamb or pork shoulder would pair exceptionally well. A rich cassoulet would also be delicious, sprinkled with fresh herbs prior to serving.
Hand-picked grapes, zero chemical use in the vineyard, fermenting with native yeasts, and little to no addition in the cellar make Jean-Paul Daumen a natural wine aficionado. His family estate has been growing and crafting biodynamic and organic wine since the 1990’s, and his vision and philosophy show in the richness, power, and complexity of his wines made from extraordinarily old Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise, and Cinsault vines.